Six of us (Jonathan, Mike, Andrew, Dave, David, and Steve) arrived to spread out 20 tons of ‘Type 1′ over the base of the new shed.
Mike is getting up to speed with the use of a theodolite, under the instruction of Jonathan, as the rest of us spread out the stuff a wheelbarrow at a time.
A week later we are spreading out sand on the Type 1 ready to receive the first mix of concrete.
Then, Mike takes up the tale in November;
We then put the concrete into the troughs along with quite a bit of re-enforcement (and don’t worry, the frog was rescued!!!).
We then had a weekend where we explored the utilities trench and got a few yards dug out, along with the access hole and we also got some of the pipework installed. Unfortunately Steve found a cast iron pipe while digging, so that has put a little obstacle in front of us as we have no idea what may be in it (if anything at all!!!).
It has also now been possible to assemble one full arch which gives a very good idea of the size of the job in hand!
The most progress took place last weekend though…
Jonathan brought a compactor for the type 1, which then had sand spread over to give a soft surface. We then completed the shuttering and made sure it was level and square, then added the damp proof membrane and put the re-enforcement on top of that, being careful not to rip it Steve. The final job we did on Saturday was to create the tamper to use when the concrete is being spread.
The next load of concrete should be arriving this week, which means we can prepare for the next lot on Saturday, all being well.
I’m certainly looking forward to having the building complete before the end of the year!!!
And he took these pictures ;
And this last one from Graham….then more on November 12th when the second major slab went down.
And so the epic saga of the ‘fish supper wager’ continues ……….